Friday, September 10, 2010

Here we go!

I decided to start a blog. You know, because it's not like being a mom to an energetic almost two year old and being a full time student are enough. With that in mind, we'll see how well I do with keeping up with the blog. My hope is to post at least weekly.

I began my weightloss journey in May or June. I bought a pair of running shoes and I started taking Lucy for walks in the morning. Then I got my old bike (that I bought in late elementary school or early middle school) from my parent's house and started taking Lucy for bike rides. We'd go about 5 miles each day. In July I starting doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. And I just completed my 6th week of the Couch to 5K program. A couple of weeks ago I began counting calories, which is actually easier than it seems.

Since the beginning I've also added a couple of other DVDs to my collection and have fallen in love with Jackie Warner's DVD. I just started doing that last week.

All told I've gone down a couple of clothing sizes, and over 20 pounds. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

My purpose in creating this blog is to chronicle my journey and to add recipes that I can refer back to and share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment